Is it really possible to Homestead Anywhere? It sure is! In this post and the accompanying collaborative eBook, you’ll find a beginner’s guide to homesteading no matter where you call home. After all, homesteading is a lifestyle, not a destination.
This past summer, I got the notion that I might like to start a blog. I laughed a bit at myself (and so did everyone else I mentioned the idea to) because I was already so overwhelmed and a bit over-committed just simply with all of the activities I was taking part in with my own family and property. But, something told me to go for it anyway; like therapy for my own soul.
invest in yourself
Since I really had no idea what I was doing, I figured a course to teach me and give me the shortcut to figuring it out was the way to go. Enter Lisa Bass from Farmhouse on Boone and her course Create Your Blog Dream. Her course was a bit of an investment but I figured it was just what I needed to get started in the right direction. After all, she was able to retire her husband so he could be home with her and their 6 (now 8) children.
Out of that course came some opportunity to connect with other bloggers. I was lucky enough to be invited to participate in a collaborative eBook about homesteading. As a result, over the next few month, I and 15 other amazing bloggers worked together to curate a wonderful resource for the aspiring or current homesteader. The book is over 170 pages long and includes a wide range of topics.
We all decided from the get-go that this would be a free resource that we would then be able to share with our readers. It’s our gift to you!
Find a listing here of all of the contributors to the Homestead Anywhere eBook. This is a guide to learn how to blossom wherever you are planted.
First, I have to mention the woman who dreamed up this project and really put in a ton of time and effort to make it all happen. Deborah Fogliani of She Mams with Oils was instrumental in presenting the concept. She positively corralled the excitement of all the contributors, and pieced it all together into one beautiful book to be shared around the world.
Next, the woman responsible for bringing us all in to the same space to make this even possible; Lisa Bass from Farmhouse on Boone. Lisa is our teacher and she was also gracious enough to contribute to our project by writing the forward. Not to mention, she provided the forward less than 2 weeks after giving birth to her youngest baby! Thank you Lisa!
meet the makers
- Alicia from The Cultivating Nurse https://cultivatingnurse.com/
- Amy Cross from The Cross Legacy https://thecrosslegacy.com/
- Anja from Our Gabled Home https://ourgabledhome.com/
- Barbara from Farmhouse by Sea https://farmhousebysea.com/
- Barbra-Sue from Kowalski Mountain https://kowalskimountain.com/
- Becky from The Homestead Nurse https://thehomesteadnurse.com/
- Brandi Bobb from Through the Kitchen https://throughthekitchen.com/
- Candice from Simply Candice https://simplycandice.com/
- Courtney from The Wright Family Homestead http://thewrightfamilyhomestead.com/
- Dee from She Mams with Oils https://shemamswithoils.com/
- Deirdre from Kindling Wild https://kindlingwild.com/
- Elizabeth from At Home on the Prairie https://athomeontheprairie.com/
- Errika from The Home Intent https://thehomeintent.com/
- Juliea from Farmhouse Harvest https://farmhouseharvest.net/
- Kyrie from Healthfully Rooted Home https://healthfullyrootedhome.com/
- Tiffany from Growing Dawn https://growingdawn.com/
They all have beautiful websites with great information. That’s why I encourage you to check them out!
Are you curious about what’s inside the Homestead Anywhere eBook? You can grab this beginner’s guide to homesteading no matter where you call home? All right, I’ll spill the beans! Here are the topics discussed withing the pages of this stunning piece of literature.
- A note to the homesteading dreamer: on dedication
- How to find homestead land
- Homesteading on a budget – how to get out of debt
- How to start composting
- How to start A vegetable garden from scratch
- Strawberries in a jar
- Starting a from scratch homesteading pantry
- How to cook with cast iron skillets
- No fuss lacto fermentation tutorial
- Homemade tomato sauce and easy homemade pesto
- Healthy desserts
- Home canning: preserving the harvest
- Pressure canning: steps to success
- Water bath canning: steps to success
- Learning how to crochet and knit for beginners
- Make a tissue box cover
- Simple DIY home projects
- How to make beeswax food wraps
- Raising backyard chickens
- Raising meat birds
- Overcoming overwhelm when simplifying your life
- Homemade toiletries
- The best homemade cleaning products using natural ingredients and essential oils
Are you excited yet? You should be. These ladies did a fantastic job on all of these articles…and we’re giving it all away for free!
Go ahead and follow this link to download and print your own copy. That way you can always refer to it.
Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think once you’ve had a chance to read it, so that I know how I can best support you. I would love your feedback as I look forward to future projects I’m working on 😉
All my best to you and yours; until next time when we pass through the kitchen.
Homestead anywhere free ebook
Grab your free copy of the beautify Homestead Anywhere eBook here: Homestead Anywhere eBook
Learn more about my best suggestions for kitchen utensils here: Reasons to use wooden spoons and other kitchen utensils
As simple as it sounds, simplifying your life can be hard. But don’t worry, I’ll guide you through some of that overwhelm here: Overcoming Overwhelm When Simplifying Your Lifestyle
Interested in reducing plastics in your home? Check out my post of Reasons to Use Wooden Spoons and Other Kitchen Utensils HERE.
links in this post
Farmhouse on Boone – https://farmhouseoneboone.com
Alicia from The Cultivating Nurse https://cultivatingnurse.com/
Amy Cross from The Cross Legacy https://thecrosslegacy.com/
Anja from Our Gabled Home https://ourgabledhome.com/
Barbara from Farmhouse by Sea https://farmhousebysea.com/
Barbra-Sue from Kowalski Mountain https://kowalskimountain.com/
Becky from The Homestead Nurse https://thehomesteadnurse.com/
Brandi Bobb from Through the Kitchen https://throughthekitchen.com/
Candice from Simply Candice https://simplycandice.com/
Courtney from The Wright Family Homestead http://thewrightfamilyhomestead.com/
Dee from She Mams with Oils https://shemamswithoils.com/
Deirdre from Kindling Wild https://kindlingwild.com/
Elizabeth from At Home on the Prairie https://athomeontheprairie.com/
Errika from The Home Intent https://thehomeintent.com/
Juliea from Farmhouse Harvest https://farmhouseharvest.net/
Kyrie from Healthfully Rooted Home https://healthfullyrootedhome.com/
Tiffany from Growing Dawn https://growingdawn.com/
Leave a Reply